Junior Product Designer UI/UX
Flow Pilots is looking for a Junior Product Designer UI/UX. As a Junior UX/UI ProductDesigner you design professional, functional applications in close cooperation with the Senior Product Designer and the technical development team.
We develop beautiful user-centric mobile applications for corporate customers, so you need a keen eye for usability and design, a professional attitude and a drive to get things done. As a Junior Designer you make sure that the software we deliver looks smashing and makes us proud!
Your tasks will include:
1. Make sure we design what we can build (within the budget)
- Collaborate between design and development to make sure that the designs are within the realm of (practical) feasibility.
2. Build killer applications
- Design interfaces for responsive web applications with cutting edge technology.
- Make sure the front-ends you design are professional, functional and with respect for the customer guidelines.
- Use cutting edge technology (Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, …).
- Always maximizing users convenience with customers expectations regarding look & feel.
3. Deliver what you promise
- Collaborate with the Senior Product Designer who is in charge of the project so that he/she can manage the backlog and sprint planning.
- Will notify the Senior Product Designer if something goes wrong or something takes longer (or shorter) than expected.
- Use our tools rigorously (Jira, Confluence, Abstract) to track project status and report back to the team.
Sure, but you’re based in the centre of Antwerp
True, from the 10th floor of the President Building (300m from Antwerp Central Station) you have a magnificent view over the city. Antwerp is a hub of activity for startups, large corporates and innovative government.
But if you’re not from around, Flow Pilots has a flexible work policy where the result of your work is more important than the time and location where it’s done. We won’t send you to the centre of Brussels every day for six months. You’ll work at home when you want, at the office twice a week and at the beach when possible. Some of the current crew live in Oudenaarde, Ghent, Beerse, Geel or Brussels and combine a job at Flow Pilots with a happy family life.
Sounds too good to be true
It does, doesn’t it? But don’t take our word for it: go to the team page and contact anyone of our crew to ask them about life at Flow Pilots.
Allright, I’m in!
Woah, woah, hold on tiger (or tigress). We don’t just hire anyone. We want to cultivate a culture of knowledge, team spirit and expertise.
So if you want to join the team, drop us your resume and a piece of code your proud of. Or you can pop by for a coffee, with your code and chat about the fragmentation of it.
You are eager and willing to work
- We are a young company and growing fast. Right now, we need pilots, not passengers!
You have the right references
- Professional or non-professional experience, degrees,…; we don’t care as long as you can show that you are the right person to build our mobile projects.
- You have a portfolio of a few apps we can look at, or some source-code that speaks for itself.
You assume responsibility and deliver on your promises
- You do what needs to be done to get happy customers.
- You’re not obliged to work from the office; so we need to be able to count on you and trust you to get things done!
You are eloquent and polyglot
- You can write a decently legible document or sum up a couple requirements.
- You speak at least (a little) Dutch and English
You have some kind of wacky quirk, like a love for lolcats
- Don't let your memes be dreams