Senior Backend developer
Flow Pilots keeps climbing to higher altitudes and we are looking for people to join the crew.
We’re looking for junior and experienced back-end developers to join our team. Flow Pilots creates high-quality digital solutions for enterprise customers such as AXA, Belfius, eni, BNP Paribas, Microsoft and Assuralia. You’ll be part of an amazing team of consultants, designers and developers; all focused on creating amazing digital solutions for our customers. We crave your knowledge and experience, but you’ll also learn from the best. As a back-end developer you make sure that the software we deliver looks smashing, works like a charm and makes us proud!
What we ask of you
- Collaborate between design and development to make sure that the designs are within the realm of (practical) feasibility.
- Respond to questions from sales and project management during the sales phase to estimate the complexity of a project or development.
- Required knowledge of dotnet core, asp.net web api, REST, asp.net mvc, sql server
- Optional knowledge: azure, postgresql, PHP
- Write RESTful web api’s for web and mobile applications with cutting edge technology
- Make sure the back-ends you develop are secure, professional, functional and respect the specification.
- Use cutting edge technology (C#, .NET Core)
- Have a desire to make the user’s life easier or better
- Collaborate with the project manager who is in charge of the project to manage the backlog and sprint planning
- Will notify the PM if something goes wrong or something takes longer (or shorter) than expected. There’s no sweeping things under the rug.
- Use our tools rigorously (Atlassian stack) to track project status and report back to the team
- Take on assignments outside of you comfort zone.
- Read and learn to stay on top of technological evolutions.
- Report back to the team what you’ve learned and how it can benefit our customers.
You have the right references
- Professional or non-professional experience, degrees,…; we don’t care as long as you can show that you are the right person to build our mobile projects.
- You have a portfolio of a few apps we can look at, or some source-code that speaks for itself.
You are eager and willing to work
- We are a young company and growing fast. Right now, we need pilots, not passengers!
You have some kind of wacky quirk, like a love for lolcats
- Don't let your memes be dreams
You are eloquent and polyglot
- You can write a decently legible document or sum up a couple requirements.
- You speak at least (a little) Dutch and English
You have the right skills and attitude
- You are passionate about customer satisfaction and mobile (in that order)
- You have experience in developing mobile applications for one of the main platforms, and are eager to learn at least a second platform.
- We develop mainly in C# using Xamarin and we’ll train you if you don’t know it.